The best sentence ever written is a controversial topic that has been argued over for centuries. Some say it’s “I can’t go on, I’ll go on” by Samuel Beckett while others are more in agreement with the line from Casablanca, “Of all the gin joints, in all the towns down of my shady road.”
The “best short sentences” is a question that has been asked many times. The best sentence ever written was by Ernest Hemingway, who said “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”
In print, there are certain sentences that are unusually lengthy.
Molly Bloom’s soliloquy in James Joyce’s book Ulysses (1922) features a “sentence” of 3,687 words, which is sometimes claimed to be the longest phrase ever written.
Furthermore, what is the world’s finest sentence?
17 Sentences That Have the Power to Change Your Life
- Don’t allow what you can’t accomplish keep you from achieving your goals.
- Knowing how to learn is preferable than knowing what to learn.
- Nobody has ever attempted anything new who has never made a mistake.
- Those who trust in the beauty of their ambitions have a bright future ahead of them.
- You’ll never work a day in your life if you like what you do.
What, other from the above, is a lovely sentence? [M] [T] She is stunning. [M] [T] Life is lovely. [M] [T] It’s a lovely day. [M] [T] Her eyes are stunning. [M] [T] This rose is very lovely.
Also, what are some examples of excellent sentences?
examples of nice sentences
- It was wonderful to be back at home. 342.
- She’s a fantastic seamstress. 243.
- It was fortunate that they were returning home the next day. 179.
- You come from a nice family. 144.
- It was all pure, unadulterated joy. 128.
- It meant a lot to him to have a place like this. 108.
- It’s pointless to inquire as to why.
- “Do you eat that well?” he insisted.
What is the most beautiful quote you’ve ever heard?
The Most Beautiful Sayings
- The world’s most beautiful objects cannot be seen or even touched; they must be sensed with the heart.
- It’s always a thrill to get to know women, with all their mystery, joy, and depth.
- The mystery is the most lovely thing we may encounter.
Answers to Related Questions
What is a life sentence?
A life sentence is a sentence that lasts for the rest of one’s life. An person, on the other hand, may be possible to get a sentence that allows them to be freed at a later date. A court may, for example, issue a sentence of 30 years to life without the possibility of release.
Isn’t it amazing how great a phrase can be?
Sentences on the Move
She thought about how nice it would be to make others happy. I understand how liberating it is to take charge of your life. I was going to brag about how great it was when I got home. You imagine how great it would be to attend their school.
What is the definition of a meaningful sentence?
A meaningful sentence is one in which the meaning of a vocabulary word in the phrase is conveyed via context clues and synonyms. Example: A good example of a meaningful sentence is: I worried as I realized I couldn’t comprehend what the instructor was saying as her words spilled out in a noisy incoherent gibberish.
What is the best way for me to compose a great sentence?
Here are three quick suggestions to help you develop beautiful phrases that your readers will remember.
- Make phrases that are basic and easy to understand. Don’t strive to seem “fancy” if you want to improve your writing. You are not brilliant if you write lengthy, incomprehensible phrases full of arcane terms.
- Hedge your bets.
- Avoid using the passive voice.
What is the finest quote you’ve ever heard?
All-Time Greatest Quotes
- “Be yourself and say what you’re thinking, since those who don’t care don’t mind, and those who care don’t mind.”
- “Build a door if opportunity doesn’t knock.”
- “Inventing the future is the greatest method to forecast it.”
- “Boost up someone else if you want to lift yourself up.”
What exactly are the five sentences?
Examples of five sentences
- I’ve been waiting for five hours at the station.
- I’m sorry if my queries irritate you, but I need to know why you suddenly required a lady after a five-year period without one.
- Five minutes before Tessa departed, Felipa exited the room.
- In four or five days, a lot may happen.
- Then I’ll meet you at five o’clock.
What is the definition of a powerful sentence?
In a sentence, examples of impressive
For a 10-year-old, he has an astonishing vocabulary. Her first performance was outstanding. He has a commanding presence.
How can I improve a sentence?
How to Improve the Structure of Your Sentences
- Make sure the information in the statement is understandable.
- Use transitional words as possible.
- When using subordinate clauses, be cautious.
- Make use of energetic voice.
- Make use of active verbs.
- Stick to standard grammatical standards.
What’s a nice way to start a sentence?
Some words are well-known for being excellent sentence beginnings. The following will be on the list: However, I would like to, first, in the meanwhile, thus, later, while, I would like to, moreover, in general, also, furthermore.
What is the definition of a sentence example?
A phrase is a fundamental linguistic unit that communicates a full notion. It does this by adhering to the fundamental norms of syntax. ‘Angela is the prettiest girl in class,’ for example. To announce (declare) a full notion, a complete sentence must include at least a subject and a major verb.
In a sentence, how do you write a book?
Fish teaches both sentence technique and sentence pleasure in this engaging and intelligent jewel, abilities that are useful to any writer (or reader). How to Write a Sentence is a book that will stand the test of time because it is both a passionate love letter to the written word and a key to understanding how great writing works.
How do you come up with a catchy sentence?
Editing Online Content Suggestions
- First, strike adverbs and adjectives. A lazy writer’s tool is adverbs and adjectives.
- Make a strategy. Organize yourself.
- Take a chance. It needs to be broken apart.
- Make sentences as short as possible.
- Cliches and overused phrases should be avoided.
- Make use of analogies.
- Remove the words “lazy” from your vocabulary.
- Use a unified voice.
Is it possible to use the word “beautiful” as an adjective?
The adverb “beautifully” characterizes a verb. A noun is described with the adjective beautiful. Because you’re describing a noun in your example, lovely is the word to use. The adverb isn’t utilized since you’re not describing the verb “looking” or the act of gazing.
What is the definition of literary beauty?
The aesthetic beauty of literature is one of the characteristics that distinguishes it from other fields of knowledge. Poets, writers, and novelists use language that allows readers to envision what they are reading. They have the ability to bring the vibrant colors of the numerous imagery portrayed by the writers to the readers’ attention.
What does beauty mean to you?
The Definition of Beauty for English Language Learners
- : the physical attractiveness of something.
- : characteristics of a person or object that provide pleasure to the senses or the mind
- : a stunning lady
What exactly is a Beaty?
beaty is defined as “having a powerful beat” in slang. Stations that broadcast quick, beaty music to a young audience will often want their news to be similar—bright, vibrant, and moving at a breakneck rate… —
In a sentence, how do you explain a girl’s beauty?
TO A GIRL
- You have a stunning appearance.
- You have a lovely figure.
- You’re as lovely as ever.
- You’re quite cute.
- You have a stunning appearance.
- You have the most stunning eyes I’ve ever seen (or another feature that you like e.g. smile, nose, lips etc.)
- I believe you’re rather appealing.
- Wow, you’re stunning.
The “best first sentences” is a question that has been asked many times. The answer to the question, however, is not always easy to find.